Wednesday, March 14, 2007

holy crap i'm overwhelmed

After yesterday's class I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the amount of ongoing projects we have. I am the kind of person who likes to complete one thing before moving on to the next, so this should definitely be a challenge for me. I'm trying to keep all of the projects straight but this can be hard as well. I wish we had more class time or a longer semester so we could focus more time and energy on each project. I sure hope I don't get some sort of creative block during the next three weeks as that would surely slow down my rate of production. But enough whining from me...I'm sure it will all work out as it should.

The cool thing about the upcoming projects is that we are moving towards video. I'm sad to see our hands on experience with different film stock manipulations go because I really enjoyed playing around with new techniques. It helped to broaden my range of creativity. The first projects and workshops we did were so different from anything that I have learned in my other classes here and that's why I think they stuck out to me so much. But don't get me wrong, I am excited to be working with video next. Obviously there is a lot of room for creativity and experimenting within the means we will be working. I still have to more thought into my vision for each of the projects. So I'll have to get back to you with my plans in a day or so...

Final cut. Yikes. After the tutorial I feel I had a better sense of the basics of the program, but I hope that will be able to get me through the rest of the semester. I have little experience with Final Cut (I guess that's all thanks to taking film theory classes), so I am a bit scared that I will mess things up. I guess it will just take some time, and a lot of practice, before I feel completely comfortable using it. While some see a creative "block" so to speak on the 5-15-5-10 frame project, I am actually a little relieved to be working with such restrictions. It helps me take some of the guess work out of the editing process and will allow me to focus more on the basics of how to edit my work.

Needless to say, the next few weeks should be busy and interesting!

No comments: