Wow. Yesterday's class was a bit overwhelming yet exciting at the same time. I feel we accomplished a lot in the short amount of time we were in there. Good to know I finally have a class where I don't need to look at my watch every 5 minutes to see how much time has passed.
Starting with the collage project….I am very interested in seeing my film projected on the screen (and secretly hope that it doesn’t mess up the projector because there are a few air pockets in it I think). The pages I used from People magazine were chosen either because they had a vibrant color that I liked, a texture that would be cool, or a small image or word that stuck out to me. I began by putting my “favorite” images, colors, etc on the tape and then filled them in with other random things. One of my favorite images that unfortunately got a bit destroyed was this etching of a very emaciated bride. I don’t know why I liked it so much but I figured because she was so skinny she would be the perfect size for the film. She would have been if I didn’t accidentally cut her in half. Oops.
I didn’t flip over the tape to look at it while I was making my collage because I wanted it to be a surprise. I was very happy with my finished product. Apparently I am horrible at cutting in a straight line so the next part was a bit trickier. Instead of having five strips of matching length I had four and two halves. That made it take a little longer to strip them of the excess and place them on my film. I also had to try and trim up a few strips because they were too wide (thanks to my unique cutting techniques). Next time I do this I will make sure that I cut them right the first time because it was quite the pain to have to go back and cut a wet, gooey piece of tape.
As for the earth, water, fire, air project, I am taking air and water. I started with the air strip first and used silver and blue sharpies to create a continuous, what I consider, breath of air across the frames in silver. I highlighted with blue. I plan on incorporating some type of texturized gold to the frames by dabbing of Sharpie with paper towel or using some type of nail polish. I want to keep the air film strip “light” so to speak, and simple because I feel that is the best representation of air.
As for water, I plan on going with a cool color scheme of green, blue and purple. I want it to be full of textures and vibrant with color. I also want to incorporate some orange in there which will represent the idea of fish throughout the film.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay so Im lurking on Andre's class blog and just wanted to comment very quickly on how exciting it is to see this enthusiasm. You all are going to have such a fun semester!
Yes, it was quite a loaded class. And that's just a small percentage of all the differnt things that are possible in the world of film manipulation. It seems from your entry that you're really thinking about the process and expanding to explore other techniques, as well. Great! Keep it up.
Post a Comment