Sunday, January 21, 2007
Thoughts on our first class
I thought I would check back in and write a little more about my first impressions of the class and the practice project we did. I took a few photography classes in high school where we would shoot and process our own film, so I am semi-familiar working with film stock itself. While we had a few projects that involved painting, texturizing, etc, I never actually applied anything to the film stock. I was a little hesitant at first with my practice strip until I realized that there was really no right or wrong way to do it. I worked primarily with a razor and a push pin. For the most part I was just doodling and making designs, but I also tried to make some consecutive designs, shapes, activity across multiple frames. However, after seeing how fast the film goes through the projector I'm not sure that my efforts for continuity will be noticed. I'm interested in seeing my work on the big screen just so I can see how it all pans out. It will help to give me a better idea of what I can/can not do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment