- The first thing that stuck out to me was the line that said "traditional/industrial forms tend to be dominated by marketing, while experimental forms are dominated by aesthetic." I found that interesting because it seems that experimentalist have less restrictions becauase they aren't worried about distribution but instead conveying their emotions, thoughts, etc
- After reading more in depthly about the different approaches and techniques I did not realize just how much thought goes into selecting mediums and techniques. You have to think about texture, color and translucent qualities, just to name a few. It really comes down to what you are trying to convey and what materials and techniques will best help you represent that.
- I thought it was pretty cool that McLaren took his "Lines Vertical" piece and flipped it, named it "Lines Horizontal" and gave it a new soundtrack and came up with a completely different viewing experience. Then by taking them both and running them together through the same projector he came up with his third film of the set called "Mosiac." That's some pretty cool stuff.
- I found that I was most interested in reading about the collage-ing, so to speak. I love taking already exsiting materials and placing them together in new ways to create totally different meanings and objects. I hope we get to do more work with this technique in class.
- Lastly I would like to comment on the part of the article about silhouette cutting. Now, I'm not an extreme feminist or anything, but I was shocked to read that silhouette cutting was considered a "kind of feminist validation of women's folk art" and that this skill was commonly taught to women because they did not have access to other art training. All I will say about that is...it's a good thing times have changed : )
Thursday, February 1, 2007
alternatives in animation production
Well I managed to read all 29 pages of our assignment and here are my thoughts:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment