As always, I'm excited for us to project our earth, wind, fire, water projects on Tuesday. Between my partner and I we came up with some pretty cool techniques and ideas, and I will be interested in seeing how they flow together (if they flow together at all). I used some nailpolish on the water strip I did and I am not quite sure how opaque the colors will turn out. In my mind it seemed like a pretty cool idea but who knows how it will look on the screen. I am still trying to adjust and prepare better for the rapid-ness (which probably isn't even a word), of the film going through the projector. My ideas are always a little less cool on screen because I forget to take into account how fast they will move.
As for the film strip animation project...I am a little nervous to actually start drawing on my film stock. Sharpies are permanent...so if I mess up (which is quite likely because my drawings are a bit intricate) then I'm screwed! Yikes... Sometimes I wish I wasn't a perfectionist : )
We seem to be flying through the projects pretty quickly. The next one seems just as creative and innovative as the others have been. I used to take photography classes and this project reminds me a lot of a few things I have done in the past. I am happy to be getting back into the nuts and bolts of photography, exposure, opacity, etc.
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment